Scrum training for your team in Tallinn, or another place in Estonia, at a customer’s premises or a rented venue. It might also be done as a part of the team off-site event.
There is also a possibility for online training. However, in-person trainings are usually more engaging and effective.
The preferred language is English.
Length: 1-3 days, depending on the maturity level of the team and the most important areas to cover.
- Why Agile?
- Empirical Process Control
- Creating Flow
- Agile Values and Principles
- Intro to Scrum Framework
- Scrum Team Roles
- Scrum Events & Artifacts
- Backlog management
- User Stories
- Scrum Simulation
The topics might be customized to better meet your team’s needs and may vary depending on the training length.
Additionally, a workshop can be run to establish or review the rules of how your team will start or continue with Scrum implementation (0.5-1 day):
- Way of Working
- Working Agreements
Trainer: Julia Västrik
This training might be a good fit for you if:
- Your team is new to Agile and does not have experience with Scrum Framework
- You have already experimented with Scrum for a while and still feel that you might do better
- Your team members have very different understandings of how Scrum should work, and you would like to have a common ground to work effectively together and to overcome endless discussions
- There are new team members in your team without experience working in Scrum environment, and you would like to get the whole team on the same page
- Your team needs a Scrum refresher to review your current practices, advance your techniques and regain the momentum
The Learning Outcomes
- You will understand what are the benefits of Agile & Scrum, how they help to cope with challenges of the current reality and where they suit the best
- You will learn how estimating and forecasting work in an Agile environment and how they can help you to plan your releases
- You will understand the purpose of Scrum events and how to get the best out of those
- You will learn how Backlog management works and understand what the purpose of user stories is
- You will learn how you can grow as a team and what stages of development you will go through
- Your team will get common ground on how to face the challenges and probably you will become more relaxed working together further on
How the training is done
The training is based on brain-friendly Training From the Back of the Room methodology, which implies a lot of different types of practice to ensure a high level of engagement, understanding, and remembering after. It is highly interactive and very practical.
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
Team Dynamics training was really balanced in terms of new information, engagement of participants and pace. We got new thoughts and ideas to improve our foundation for deliveries despite we are a mature team who has worked together for many years. Julia is a shining coach who has good experience in IT industry, superb preparation for training and good skills to create a relaxed and trustful atmosphere to talk about hard topics.
It’s rare that you come across a standout talent like Julia. I was particularly impressed by Julia’s ability to communicate and educate people in Agile Ways of working. The way she handles groups, it seemed to come perfectly naturally to her. Her energy is contagious and it is impossible not to feel energized after meeting her.
Thank you very much for your effort to train 20 people from IT cross-functional team about Agile principles and Scrum. We had a really valuable training with an interactive approach. Specially big thanks for those beautiful worksheets made by yourself! I really liked also the energy and calmness you brought to the audience, and you didn’t “oversell” yourself. So overall – a spectacular experience I would definitely recommend to other teams also.
Thank you so much for this useful Scrum training, Julia! We now have definitely some new thoughts we can start working with! 💪